Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Monday, January 16, 2017

“The Time is Always Right to Do What's Right.”--Martin Luther King Jr.

     Happy MLK day.  Keep up the good fight for human rights for all.

     I'm still thinking about what slogan to put on my poster for the Women's March on Denver on Saturday.  So far I've got:

I will no longer accept the things I cannot change.  I will change the things I cannot accept.

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Stronger together.  Hear us roar.

They tried to bury us.  They didn't know we were seeds.

Think. Resist.  Be.

I've got your back.

We are the wall.


     I'll probably go with the last one.  It is short, sweet, and I'm not very artistic.

     The Women's March has gone global.  It will take place in DC and 200 other American cities, plus 50 cities in at least 30 additional countries, and more are organizing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/how-the-womens-march-on-washington-has-gone-global_us_586e342be4b021b75256f0f1


     Here is a good summary of recent political events this past week of which to be aware.

https://medium.com/@Amy_Siskind/week-9-experts-in-authoritarianism-advise-to-keep-a-list-of-things-subtly-changing-around-you-so-4bc574668100#.ki48k1xwd


     And here is something non-political and beautiful for a good start to your day.....90 year old Angela Lansbury singing at Lincoln Center.  This is sure to bring a smile to your face and a tear to your eye.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOy7eVjz-2I

   


No comments:

Post a Comment