Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Sunday, May 15, 2016

It is race day

  and I am under-trained.
   
(Up at 1:30 am, walked dog at 2 am, meeting friend at 3 to carpool to race at City Park. There is little parking available.  Hope to snooze a bit in the car once there.  Must arrive by 445, race starts at 6.  Why do I do this again? At least there are thousands and thousands of other crazies to keep us company, which is somewhat reassuring)

*****************************************
     UPDATE
     Tough race, per my GPS 26.47 miles with 1232 feet elevation gain.  Those hills going west really added up.  It was a nice course....we ran along the Cherry Creek path coming and going,  ran around a huge lake, ran through the Bronco's stadium coming and going (the field doesn't seem so big when you are down next to it), ran through a firehouse and high 5'd all the firemen, and of course did a lot of miles running on Colfax Avenue....thus the name of the race. There was great food afterwards plus I love a free beer after a run. And the rain didn't show!
     My times weren't what I would have hoped but I finished well before the 6 hour cut-off.  I may do this again.
     Meanwhile, I am sore.
     (PS, I got 71,000 steps on my step-counter today.  New record. And I felt no guilt for eating ALL the things.)

Congratulations #12459 DEBORAH JOHNSON!
Here are your results for the Kaiser Permanente Colfax Marathon:
Your final time is 05:52:31 at a 00:13:27 pace.
You finished 1218 out of 1272 in the MARATHON.
You finished 8 out of 9 in your class F60-69.

No comments:

Post a Comment