Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Friday, December 21, 2018

     I just now saw a red fox with a big slice of pizza in its mouth running down my court. He did have the good sense to be looking back over his shoulder while he ran.  Merry Christmas Reynard.

     Last week I put a big pumpkin out in the back yard for the deer.  I hadn't gotten around to cooking it, so thought I would share.  For a day or 2 it just sat there, with only a couple of squirrel bites.  Then suddenly it was just gone.  Not a seed, not a stem, not a shred of orange left.  Unless it was neighbor kids, who never before have wandered into my yard, what could have carried that big pumpkin off without a trace?  My mystery of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment