Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Wednesday, June 12, 2024

I tell myself I am searching for something. But more and more, it feels like I am wandering, waiting for something to happen to me, something that will change everything, something that my whole life has been leading up to. In my heart, I know that this is not true. Life is not leading up to anything, nor are we headed anywhere in particular. We are just wandering, circling around each other, we are all, in the end, just walking each other home. ~Khaled Hosseini

 (daily ex., morning dog walk 1.6 mi, pm slow jog 2 mi., rest day, very hot)

No comments:

Post a Comment