Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Thursday, September 19, 2019




     I listened to multiple episodes of "The Moth" podcast on my 10 hour drive home earlier this week.  The point of all of them seemed to be to seize the day, to not waste time, that life is short.
     Then I returned home to find that my best's friend's child is dangerously ill and may not survive. Seize the day, don't waste time, life is short. And please send positive thoughts out into the universe for my friend and her family.
   


2 comments:

  1. I am sorry about your friend's child. We never know what awaits us and I do send good thoughts!
    Like a hundred million other things I have never heard of "The Moth" pod casts. Thank you! What a great find.
    I chose one called "Banjo Blues". I like music and used to piddle with the ukulele and thought it might be interesting. A wonderful story by a wonderful story teller!
    I have bookmarked "The Moth".

    ReplyDelete