Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Friday, September 20, 2019

Our house is on fire....Greta Thunberg

     Today is Global Climate Strike day. Please do something today to fight climate change....don't drive anywhere, don't eat meat, learn the science, do something. Science is not a matter of opinion.

Adapt or perish, now as ever, is nature's inexorable imperative.
                                   H.G. Wells


 The Little Mother Goose (1912) which was printed in the USA:

Lady-bug, lady-bug,
Fly away home,
Your house is on fire,
Your children will burn.

1 comment:

  1. You say, "Please do something." I do something everyday about climate change. I PANIC!
    I know! Not good enough!
    I am so impressed with the young people around the world. They know how important doing something right now is. It gives me confidence that they will be the movers and the shakers about this vital issue. I will not be around to see the results of their determination, but I am more hopeful today than yesterday.

    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.” Can't remember who said this and too lazy to look it up.

    ReplyDelete