Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Friday, June 10, 2011

The Color Purple

     Dean is recuperating well from his surgery, and I have been busy catching up on gardening and yardwork.  We have both been reminiscing by looking at pictures of our Sadie-dog growing up, and feeling like two musketeers without her.  We keep listening for the jingling made by the tags on her collar, or lapping sounds coming from her water bowl in the other room.  She was a birthday present for Dean.in 2002...the best gift ever.
     I am having somewhat of an identity crisis.  Frequently when out shopping or at the library I have run into strangers who greet me and say, "Aren't you the lady with the big black dog?", or "Where is your big black dog today?"   I am the lady with the big black dog, or I was.  Who am I now? 




     "If you pass by the color purple in a field and don't notice it, God gets real pissed off."
                                                                                     Alice Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment