Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Saturday, June 18, 2011

Kedge #1

     I have set my first kedge....something to renew my motivation and to pull me forward.  Dean and I have signed up for a 10k run/walk in late September....Fans on the Field. The course goes through Invesco Field at Mile High (the Bronco's stadium),  along the warning track at Coors Field (the Rockies baseball stadium), and across the floor at the Pepsi Center (the Denver Nuggets basketball arena).  Sounds like a blast, doesn't it?  Of course, we can always walk it if need be, but hope to run it.
     It is time to start training and get back in the routine of things, to stop letting life interfere with health.  The former Olympian Jeff Galloway will be at our local running store on Monday talking about his run/walk method.  I hope to attend.  It should be interesting to meet a legend, and his method sounds like it would be helpful for us.  I'll have to get a copy of his book.
     Wish us luck.

"Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal."     Wayne Dyer
    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment