Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Monday, December 19, 2022

 When despair for the world grows in me

and I wake in the night at the least sound...
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief.
I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light.
For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free...
~ Wendell Berry ~


This morning I saw a lone coyote tearing after a running deer in the park. It came upon another walker with a dog and made an abrupt about face. It ran like lightning. It happened so fast, I almost could have imagined it.


(daily ex. update, morning walk with my dog 3.2 miles, pm tm run 3.5 miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment