Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Wednesday, April 30, 2014

“I still get wildly enthusiastic about little things... I play with leaves. I skip down the street and run against the wind.”---Leo F. Buscaglia


     It has been extremely windy and cold lately.  The roofers started to replace my hail-damaged roof a couple of days ago, but have had to quit early every day due to the high winds. This job may end up taking a while.
     Charleigh-dog has been very upset at all the noise and pounding and people on the roof.  The first day, for two solid hours, she would bark, I would squirt her with water, she would pause then bark again, and I would squirt again.  Now we are down to occasional quiet woofs that escape her unbeknownst, and she stays glued by my side....no squirting necessary.  Needless to say, I cannot go anywhere this week without taking her with me while they are here working.  It wouldn't be fair to my anxious, upset dog.  She is correct that strangers don't belong on top of the house ripping apart our roof.

     I wish you a great day.
   




No comments:

Post a Comment