Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Monday, February 4, 2019

     I went for a short walk without Charleigh-dog this morning.  Several people I don't recognize at all stopped to ask me if she was okay!  (She is okay).  To strangers I am now the woman with the labrador, formerly the woman with the big black dog. I'm okay with that.
     I recognize, or fail to recognize, people I don't know well in the same way.....by the dog they walk or their hair color.  I'm guessing I have some small degree of inability to recognize the nuances in faces that I don't see often (facial agnosia), causing me to rely on context or visual cues instead. I can work on remembering people's names, but faces of people I have just met are more difficult.....especially neighborhood kids I don't see often.  They grow and change so rapidly, that I need to see them around their home to know who they are.....context....except for the kids on the end of the court whose flaming red hair is a clear giveaway.
     How about you?  Have you experienced this?

 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment