Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Zion

     I am home from a girl's weekend away to Zion national park in SW Utah. It was an adventure even to get there due to the snowstorm....after descending to land in St. George we had to be diverted to Salt Lake City where we sat on the tarmac to wait out the worst of the storm.  We didn't get to hike much due to deep snow in places and icy and closed trails.  There was a nearby avalanche and falling ice.  It was all beautiful, and I learned more about the park to make my next trip there someday have better outcomes. There are a couple of must-do hikes I'd like to try.






     We ran the Zion half marathon outside the park on Saturday, Febr. 23rd.  It was so cold and windy.  10 degrees at the start not counting wind chill.  I'm the one in the Zion 100 year anniversary cap (and no, Jason, that is not a MAGA cap, LOL).
     We found a fantastic diner called the River Rock Roasting Company where we ate once a day.  It had great vegan meal options, pizzas, craft beers, coffees, wine, baked goods, smoothies.  I wish there was a place like that in my neighborhood! If you go there, I highly recommend it.
      Our flight was delayed on the return trip, who knows why, but it gave us time to discuss a girls weekend trip in fall of 2020, and again in 2021.

Charleigh-dog was so excited to get home from the kennel to nap on her chair.



   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment