Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Thursday, October 17, 2019

“You know I’ve sat here and I’ve listened to all this, and it’s very painful. It’s very painful… As a country, we are so much better than this.”

     RIP Congressman Elijah Cummings.  You were one of the good guys.



2 comments:

  1. This is very sad. I read his wiki bio. Very impressive. Phi Beta Kappa ... no less.
    Definitely one of the good guys.

    And I keep reminding myself .... there are really many many many good guys/gals working day and night to get the information out and to rectify the wrongs. The difference is that they are doing it within the law.

    I am sorry he won't be able to see the results of what he so worked for. (fingers crossed)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was an amazing statesman and leader and our country will miss him.

      Delete