Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Sunday, March 8, 2020

     It feels like spring in suburbia.  There are colorful pelotons of cyclists speeding by, for sale signs are springing up in yards, and there is the echo of woodpeckers hammering on the siding of neighborhood homes. It is getting difficult to find sufficiently deep patches of snow for my dog to roll in, something she loves and I appreciate, also, as it gets the mud off.
     I am realizing my dog is aging.  She enjoys slow strolls where she can sniff and mark her place in the world. Running is no longer for her. So now we walk and do what gives her joy.
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment