Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Sunday, September 26, 2021

Life is full of false summits

c

 

     It was a hot Indian Summer day today with a beautiful clear blue sky.  Grasshoppers were jumping everywhere. Ants were busy carrying things many times their weight to who knows where.  The crab apples are ripe and bountiful.  A few wild plums are hanging on for dear life. Deer flies were plaguing my poor dog, settling on her face interminably. Deer are wandering everywhere....waiting for all those crab apples to fall.

(daily ex. update, morning walk 3.5 miles, ytd walk 702.7 miles.  pm tm 5.3 miles, ytd run 1157.2 miles. I was supposed to run 12 miles today per my training schedule, but I was just too tired)


No comments:

Post a Comment