Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Tuesday, August 16, 2022

“A poem will not stop a bullet, a novel cannot defuse a bomb,” Salman Rushdie said. But writers can still “sing the truth, and name the lies.”

      I'm sorry I've been away so long but I've had no internet service until today. I really missed the online connections.

      Also I've taken a slowdown in running to heal some niggles in my hip (my medical diagnosis).  But I'm back.

      (exercise update, today I walked the dog only 0.5 miles as I was awaiting the internet line technician for most of the day, but I ran 3.8 miles this eve. on the treadmill.  My ytd walk total is 452.5 miles, ytd run total is 921.9 miles.)


Hey sky, take off your hat, I'm on my way! - Valentina Tereshkova.


To be silent the whole day, see no newspaper, hear no radio, listen to no gossip, be thoroughly and completely lazy, thoroughly and completely indifferent to the fate of the world is the finest medicine a man can give himself. ~Henry Miller


No comments:

Post a Comment