Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Monday, January 27, 2014

Health hazards of sitting.

     It is winter and I sit too much. I find that my hips are getting stiff.  I read this article at the sportsgeezer.com blog today and found that it really applies to me.  In it there is a link to a great graphic showing what happens to our bodies with extended sitting.  It also gives a few suggestions for things to do about it.    Read it and stand.

     The above mentioned graphic did finally get me to make some changes.  I put empty shoe boxes under my computer monitor, my keyboard, and my mouse.  This gives me an easily movable option for a standing desk...at least in trial form.  I'll see how it goes.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment