Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Thursday, January 2, 2014

Reminds me of the old Texas slogan, “Big Hat, No Cattle.”

     Have you listed your fitness and other goals for the new year?  I know a lot of people hate the idea of New Year's resolutions or goal setting and absolutely refuse, but it does help me if they are reasonable ones. Granted, my fitness/health goals are the same as last year's goals, but if I keep at them maybe someday I will succeed.

      Accountability is my first priority, otherwise I'll be guilty of  "big hat, no cattle."  I must follow through, and registering for a race, for example, gives me motivation to stay accountable. This blog helps, too.

     I've already gotten off to a less than ideal start due to the cold, windy, icy weather, however.
   
     Remember:  Don't aim for the mediocre.

     Goals:  I'll share mine if you'll share yours.  Please do share.  My list is a work in progress, as am I.

                                        ********************************

          I will be more consistent.

          I will try again to reach 1500 total miles run in 2014.  I came up short in 2013. I would have made it had I run consistently.
       
          I will run some races in the early part of the year.

          If that training goes well, I will maybe??? consider running another marathon in the fall to improve my time; but if it doesn't go well, I won't,and won't feel bad about it.
   
          I will definitely continue my plank-a-day core workout.

          Getting a bit more speed would be nice. I will work at that

          I will try a little harder to eat healthy.  There are many ways I could clean up my eating habits.  I will continue to eat plant-based and will work on cutting out processed foods.

          I will not obsess.
       
Training is the opposite of hoping.   I <3 to run




“We’re burnin’ daylight.” 
― John Wayne


No comments:

Post a Comment