Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Sunday, January 19, 2014

"It's the rule."



lu140119.jpg
                                                         Sunday January 19

     A friend performs in a local band, Strange Radio.  I went out to hear them play last night at a local sports bar. It was hard to get myself out of the house at 8:30 PM into the dark and cold.  Usually I am curled up in bed with a book, with my big cuddly dog by my side, by that time of night; but I did want to support my friend..
     The band is extremely talented, although the music is not the music of my generation.  The only person I knew there was the wife of my friend.  The music was too loud to talk over anyway.
     Then this comic-strip was published today.....real life wisdom in the funny pages.  It is good to stretch and grow sometimes even though it feels thoroughly uncomfortable at the time.  I'm glad I went.

"Cozy cocoons aren't supposed to be permanent.......you have to become a butterfly.  It's the rule." 

No comments:

Post a Comment