Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Sunday, May 18, 2014

"Poems, Prayers, and Promises"






                              shared from Be the change you want to see in the world


     This reminds me of the great song "Poems, Prayers, and Promises,"  with John Denver and his friends sitting around a fire watching the sun go down, talking about everything important in life.  I love this song.  I got to see John perform once back in 1975 or 1976, and always wished I could have seen him perform again before his death.
     This inspires me to try an experiment.  Family....next time we gather, let/s sit around by candlelight one night, or by a fire, and see how the conversation ebbs and flows.....to see how it changes.  I'd like that.
(email subscribers must go to the blog to see this video)
               

No comments:

Post a Comment