Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Wednesday, November 12, 2014

2/3 of Americans suffer from malnutrition.


   
     Mark Bittman is a NY Times columnist and author.  He was the keynote speaker at their Food for Tomorrow Conference.  When you have the time, you will want to view his very interesting speech on how to change the food system and how to feed the 9 billion.
     Malnutrition has two forms....hunger and obesity.  They are two sides of the very same coin. By that definition, the percentage of malnourished people in the US approaches 2/3!
     

http://www.foodpolitics.com/2014/11/the-new-york-times-does-food-for-tomorrow/

****************************************************************

7 AM, zero degrees and snowing.  We'll see how the dog walk goes.  Today I added tights under my pants, wool socks, boots, gloves under mittens, and my winter parka. Charleigh loves this weather, but we will keep it short.

1 1/2 miles walked.  Still my fingers and toes are numb.  Will add more layers next time, although I already felt like Randy from "A Christmas Story"........so bundled  up if I fell over I wouldn't be able to get up.  Charleigh would have to drag me home.

Be safe out there people.  There are lots of car accidents.

10 AM and it is a minus 2 degrees.  Something is wrong with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment