Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Saturday, November 1, 2014

Love, love, love this



     Here is a link to a guest blog titled, "Thank you from the front of the pack to the back."  As a mid to back of the pack-er, I really appreciated the sentiments.

http://rulesforrunning.com/2014/10/28/thank-you-from-the-front-of-the-pack-to-the-back/



     How was your Halloween night?  Our weather was beautiful and I was expecting tons of trick-or-treaters, especially since it was a Friday night rather than a school night.  I did get maybe 30 very polite kids ringing my doorbell, about half as many as I had planned on. Therefore I have a lot of the cursed leftover candy to dispose of today before it starts calling my name.(And I bought the good stuff.)
     I wonder if parents are wising up and having Halloween parties instead for the kids, or if maybe I just live in an aging neighborhood.  But I live right by an elementary school, so I don't think that is the problem. I favor parental wisdom as the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment