Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Sunday, November 9, 2014

World Run Day



      The Sunday closest to November 8 marks World Run Day each year. It is a day for runners worldwide to join each other, wherever their location, in a celebration of running and charitable giving.

     I am scheduled for a 3 mile run today according to my training schedule.  While out there, I will contemplate what new charity I will support today.  I am thinking Greenpeace.

     I wonder how many millions, or more likely billions, of dollars runners have raised for charity over the years?


*****************************************************************

     I live halfway up a hill.  At the bottom of the hill the neighborhood has planted a series of crabapple trees.  This morning there were more than a dozen deer clustered beneath trying to eat as many crabapples from the ground as possible.  I walked within 2 yards of one of this year's fawns.  Charleigh was very good and never tried to lunge at them, even once.  They all look skinny. They always come down en masse to our neighborhood just before a worsening change in the weather. What beauty and grace they have.


*****************************************************************


     I had to share this Calvin and Hobbes comic today.  It was Dean's favorite.  Kids and Grandkids, do you remember it?


No comments:

Post a Comment