Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Monday, April 11, 2016

It's all about that bling.

     Still waiting for official results, they had problems with the timing mats at the start not functioning.  But I finished.  The race mostly followed a bike path along the South Platte river from Littleton to the Buckhorn Restaurant.  I don't enjoy running 13.1 miles on concrete!  Pavement is so much more cushioned, believe it or not.  This is a great training race, though....easy to get to, great bling, food, beer, and music at the finish.  It was a chilly, windy damp day....perfect for running but too cold to hang around and party after.

A friend and I pre-race, I'm in the pink hat



Bling--medal, bottle opener, pint glass, and shirt


My Grandkids on the far left and far right, ran a 10K in Austin yesterday with 80 of their middle-school classmates!



My speedy-runner daughter-in law on the left at the 10K in Austin where she met another run 2016 in 2016 runner.

     I wish I could be speedy like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment