Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Friday, August 11, 2017

OMG




     Trying to feel excited rather than panicky.  I must (I get to) drive to Estes Park today, check into my hotel, find the race expo, and run an evening 5k.  Then tomorrow I must (I get to) arrive at the Fairgrounds to park my car by 4AM for a half marathon. The altitude varies from 7500 to almost 8000 feet, and miles 5 through 9.5 are all uphill.
     I can do this.  I will not get lost. I can do this.  I will not get lost.
     The Elk Double....Rocky Mountain 5K plus Rocky Mountain Half.
     Keep your fingers crossed for me.
     I will not get lost. I am not scared.  I get to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment