Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Tuesday, August 15, 2017

"She was never quite ready. But she was brave. And the universe listens to brave." Rebecca Ray

     For a few years now I've been trying to get through the lottery to enter the bucket-list Big Sur International Marathon in Monterey, California.  I finally did it!  I should be ecstatic, but instead am worried.  It is a gorgeous course running along the California coast, but it is reputed to be extremely difficult with a strict time limit, high winds, and 2000 feet elevation gain and loss, and I wonder if I'm getting too old. And then there is having to catch a bus to the start at 3:30 am for an hour bus ride, and then a long wait for the buses to get off the course.
     But I did it....I completed the entry forms!  I have 8 months until April 29, 2018 to get fitter and try to get speedier.



(Psyching myself up)

Aging is not a disease that needs to be cured.  it's an opportunity that needs to be seized.
                                Marc Middleton

Life shrinks or expands in proportions to one's courage.
                                Anais Nin








No comments:

Post a Comment