Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Sunday, February 18, 2018

“Habit is a cable; we weave a thread of it each day, and at last we cannot break it.” ― Horace Mann

  Don't think, just do. Each and every day. Expect problems and eat them for breakfast.  (I need to do a long training run today so really need some self-motivation!)
  Wishing you a happy Sunday.  Sunny with high wind warnings here.


     Well....that was frustrating with problems not anticipated.  I only got 2/3 of my long run in.  After slip-sliding away in the mud, falling a few times because I didn't wear trail shoes, plus spraining and leash-burning a finger thanks to a dog that after a solid mile just could no longer withstand the lure of chirping prairie dogs and had to go after them full force taking me along with her, I called it a day.  I at least hung on to the dog! I'd say there's always tomorrow, but it is supposed to be cold and snowy Monday and Tuesday.  There's always next week.  Now off to a long hot bath with epsom salts.










No comments:

Post a Comment