Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Tuesday, January 1, 2019

!



     People have been making New Year's Resolutions for thousands of years from ancient Babylon to ancient Rome, so we are in good company.
https://www.history.com/news/the-history-of-new-years-resolutions


     I'm starting to consider my resolutions for 2019 other than the usual to eat healthier and exercise more, which everyone does annually.  I have gotten very lax about those from Thanksgiving to New Years. It takes awhile for more specific goals to crystallize in my mind.
     Meanwhile I'll share some wishes from friends that are much more well-considered  and wise than anything I could come up with.
      "May this year be kinder to you than those in recent memory.   You are destined for great things.  Don't forget that!"  (Craig Nash)
      "Go out and spread your confetti."   (Collette Schoenegge) 



     It is wonderful to have inspiring friends.

   

   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment