Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Sunday, January 6, 2019

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."-----Lao Tzu


     An old quote but always a good one.



     Yesterday I joined the fitness app Strava in order to be part of a "run 2019 miles in 2019" competition at my local running store. (There are awesome prizes along the way and for all finishers. We're talking free shoes plus a gift basket).  This is really pushing me out of my comfort zone....sharing my run stats with others.  I do run a lot and don't mind sharing my mileage, but I am not and never will be the speediest person out there, and dislike comparing myself with others.  I just run my own pace, my own miles, and my own race. That will have to be good enough.  Be brave and share your pace Deb....maybe doing that will help you improve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment