Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Friday, January 4, 2019

Cute!

     I'm having trouble getting back into the exercise routine on day 4 of the new year.  I did make myself do some easy hatha yoga today and am tired.  In the long shavasana (resting) pose at the end, the yoga instructor said to concentrate on your anterior (chest, abdomen, face, shins) all facing forward into the future, and your posterior (back, back of head, back of legs, heels) all facing into the past. I liked that, your strong posterior pushing you into your future as you look towards it.  For some reason, it resonated with me.
     How are your resolutions going?





No comments:

Post a Comment