Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Don't judge the day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.---Robert Louis Stevenson

     It is finally gardening time.  I have put a few annuals out in pots.  I am trying new ones this year as the deer always ate all the geranium flower heads off.  Gardening is always trial and error here what with the deer, elk, rabbits, heavy clay soil, and little rain.  I also grow rhubarb (I got my first cutting this week), chives, peppermint, sage, and am trying thyme.  I hope to buy a rosemary plant soon. I grow broccoli sprouts in my kitchen.  That is the extent of my edible garden.
     I am envious hearing about my Mom's big Nebraska garden that is going in.  She can grow just about anything there, plus she has a green thumb.
     We put out our bird feeders two nights ago, but of course yesterday they were demolished and on the ground with the shepherd's crook poles bent to the ground.  We assume it was elk, but it might have been bears.  We will try again in a few weeks.  We really miss watching all the birds flocking around the feeders.
     Is it my imagination, but are the days and weeks going much faster than before?


                                                                    pinterest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment