Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Saturday, May 19, 2012

The world would be a poorer place without bears.

    We've done our best but can't find the bears in the neighborhood.  Others have seen a Mama and 2 cubs around and about.  This sign is the closest we could come to a bear. It really is exciting to think that they could be around any corner or up in any nearby tree.

     Another rainy and chilly weekend here.  We went to my race expo at Mile High Stadium to pick up my shirt and race packet.  I am still in denial that tomorrow is the big day.  I can't be nervous about something that I don't even think about, though.  What happens, happens.
     The race starts at 6am, and parking is next to non-existent.  The race packet suggested being there well before 4:45am if you hope to find a parking space.  That means I must be up by 3 am.  Oh what fun is in store.
   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment