Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Thursday, December 19, 2013

"The race does not always go to the swift, but the ones who keep running."---Anonymous

     I did get to the final speed work session of the year last night.  I haven't been there for at least a month due to cold and snow and laziness.  I'm trying to get back on track, no pun intended, now.  It is so hard to start again after stopping.
     Here is a picture of the group doing the HO HO HOKA tummy rub.  (Hoka shoes were the sponsor last night).  Our coach is the skinny Santa in shorts.  Next to him in the light blue jacket is his Mom....isn't she amazing!  She looks his age.  They are both Boston marathoners and finished the race last year before the bombs went off.
     In the center back are me, my friend Erica, and my friend Ellen.  We run at about the same pace.


     Here is a sentiment posted on FaceBook by Ellen.  I concur. Runners are the nicest people.

No comments:

Post a Comment