Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Monday, September 8, 2014

At last


     The October cover of "Runner's World" magazine will feature a vegan runner.  I love those Vegan socks.

octcover250

http://cok.net/blog/2014/08/vegan-runners-world/?utm_source=Compassionate+Action&utm_campaign=4d05d520cf-20140903_National&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_3109e0e8fa-4d05d520cf-180604969



     Also, Runner's World magazine is featuring Deena Kastor in their "Go Ahead, Ask Me Anything" column this week. She is one of my heroes.  I have seen her compete in the Bolder Boulder a couple of times and loved watching her in the documentary "Spirit of the Marathon,"  which I have viewed numerous times on Hulu when I need motivation.
     She begins her intro by saying:

The running community is like no other in the sporting world. We all relate to one another no matter our age, ability, gender or motivation level. We are in this journey together, not only to be better runners but better people. We use our runs as stepping stones to our goals, but also for meditation and stress relief. Sometimes I use runs to develop my daily to-do list and other days to dig down for a “character building” workout. I will never retire from a running lifestyle that fosters so much physical and emotional growth every day.

     She nailed it.  Here is a link to "Go Ahead, Ask Me Anything."
http://community.runnersworld.com/topic/go-ahead-ask-me-anything?cid=socMOT_20140908_31209816



 

No comments:

Post a Comment