Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Saturday, September 6, 2014

“This is a fierce bad rabbit; look at his savage whiskers, and his claws and his turned-up tail.” ― Beatrix Potter



     My wildlife adventure for today was to rescue a baby bunny from my window well.  Of course, I tried from the basement side, trying to scoop it into a bucket, which caused it to jump past me into the basement proper.
     Luckily I had locked the dog upstairs for this escapade.
     I was smart enough to wear gardening gloves and was able to capture the terrified little guy by hand before he ran behind the couch.
     He seemed stunned for a moment when I released him.  Then he took off for the flowerbed.  Success.
     Last week Charleigh-dog managed to catch a baby bunny in her jaws.  It was all I could do to try to pry them open until she dropped it and it managed to hop away.  You could just read the thoughts running through Charleigh's mind....."NOOOOO!  It's mine.   I caught it and you can't have it.  It's mine!"  Then I practically had to pick this 80# dog up and carry her away because she was not leaving her bunny.
     Labs.....ya gotta love 'em.





No comments:

Post a Comment