Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Wednesday, April 12, 2017





“Long Distance training can be a positive & constructive form of selfishness. After all, once you're at the starting line, you're there by yourself. No one can run a single step for you. No one can jump in & help you. No one but you can make the decisions about what to do to keep going. It's all up to you.” 
― John Bingham

     There are reasons to enter races, even knowing that I will be in the slow corrals.  There is no one else to depend on to finish for me.  I have to do the work....every step of it. There is no one to say, "you're old(ish) so you don't have to finish."  Yes, I do! No excuses.

(trying to motivate myself to get out the door today...fear of failure works for me)

No comments:

Post a Comment