Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Face of February.

     Another four to six inches of snow.  More scooping to be done.  It is getting old, fast!  February is always the bleakest month.  My impatience for spring, sunshine, warmth, and longer days equals our rapidly rising piled-up snow.

"Why, what's the matter,
That you have such a February face,
So full of frost, of storm and cloudiness?"
                                     William Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing


     This is when I want to go into hibernation, to curl up with a good book, bundle up with a comforter, and sip hot tea....I want to be in denial.  Instead, I will walk the Rin-dog, scoop snow for an hour or two, walk our neighbor's dog (he doesn't get along with other dogs, so I can't walk both dogs at the same time), maybe do some yoga, and start cleaning the house for upcoming company.  Cleaning for company is so much more than my usual swipe, wipe, and neaten.  It is the only time the entire house is cleaned all at one time, and actually done half-way well.  No one has ever complimented my housekeeping, and that's a good thing....life is too short to be known for that.  Our house is well lived-in, and looks it.
     Plus we have water dripping slowly, but continually, from our basement ceiling and have no idea where it is coming from. Our basement is adorned with buckets under the light fixtures, and the plumber can't come till Thursday (groan).
     But I will get going and get active and feel more energetic as soon as I get out into the cold, crisp air.

thefitandhealthylife:

What time should I workout?
                                        (reblogged from www.lovethepain.tumblr.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment