Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Friday, February 10, 2012

Sensible boundaries keep us safe.

     Boy, this week really got away from me!  I only got two runs in, but still have the possibility of tomorrow evening, if my motivation lasts until day's end.
     Our plumbing leak is fixed.  Now we are drying out the floor, walls, and basement ceiling to prevent mold formation.  Next week will come drywall replacement and possibly replacement of some floorboards.  What a pain home-ownership can be sometimes.
     Our company is here for a couple of more days....YAY! 
     We continue to eat plant-based, unprocessed, and I do my planks daily (my daily minimum exercise).  According to Dr. Joel Fuhrman, "optimal health requires sensible boundaries to safeguard oneself from past ingrained habits, depending upon one's former lifestyle.  Sensible boundaries keep us safe."  Eating plant-strong and unprocessed, and exercising, do that for me....they help keep me safe, and sane by providing sensible boundaries.
     You know those old adages, "there are no bad foods" and "everything in moderation?"  They are lies for people who want to justify their actions.  There definitely are bad foods, and eating them in moderation does not make them good foods, or even qualify them as real food.  As Michael Pollan advises:  "Eat food. Not too much.  Mostly plants."

                            eat

No comments:

Post a Comment