Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Sunday, June 3, 2012

"Skylark sings all day, and day not long enough."..Matsuo Basho

     We hiked today.....actually  we ran a little, walked a lot.  We tried out a new trail I just heard about....Sharptail Ridge.  We traversed 4.4 miles of rolling grassland and hills.  Only then did we reach the beauty of red rocks and some shade, but by then it was time to return. The return trip was sunny and hot, but at least it was mostly downhill.  It was worth the effort. It is a beautiful place and it was a beautiful day.  There were prairie birds singing everywhere. 
      The trail running group I ran with last Thursday plans to run here every Thursday in June.  I learned that this trail is not for me in the summer....there is no shade and it gets very warm.  Plus, I would be running it by myself since I am so much slower than everyone else.    
     Dean and I both suffer from biophilia----an affinity for natural surroundings.  It makes every day a good day.



See the city in the background?




Our lovely turnaround point.

No comments:

Post a Comment