Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Tuesday, November 26, 2013

If you want to take the island, burn your boats.

     This is a continuation of yesterday's blog about setting big freaking scary goals. One other suggestion from Matt Frazier, of  "No Meat Athlete" fame......If you want to take the island, burn your boats.
     I'm more of the type to keep things on the down low.  I hedge my bets.  I'd rather not fail publicly. I just quietly go about doing whatever I plan.
     He suggests that by doing that, you fail before you start....that it is okay to fail, and to fail publicly. You learn from failure.  It is much better to be a doer than a watcher....a competitor than a spectator.
     He suggests telling everyone your goals.  Tell friends, family, Facebook.  Take  risks. Burn your boats.

No comments:

Post a Comment