Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Wednesday, February 3, 2016

I could....if they would find a cure.


     On FaceBook I follow the posts of a young woman with Muscular Dystrophy.  4 years ago she started walking races and got up to walking a half marathon using her walker.  Her health deteriorated and her running friends started pushing her in a running chair so she could continue competing in races.  Her health is deteriorating rapidly now and she has recently been in the hospital frequently, and has even talked about choosing hospice when the time is right.  She is only 23 but continues to be a huge inspiration.  She is building a legacy of strength.
     On her most recent video she played this song, which I love.  Mattie Stepanek wrote the lyrics, if you remember him.  He was an amazing child and wrote a number of books of poetry, which I own.  He was often featured on "Oprah."  Here is the song...."I could....if they would" by Billy Gilman.
                                             Have tissues nearby.



     The sun is shining.  The temps are in the single digits with a wind chill factor of minus 3, but my poor doggie hasn't gotten a decent walk in days, so we will give it a go.  I haven't gotten my mail this week, either, so will at least walk that far.

No comments:

Post a Comment