Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Monday, February 22, 2016

Voles, what're you gonna do.


     I've had snow covering my back yard all winter until this past week.  The voles had a hey-day during that time and left me a big mess.  I always have some damage, but this year it is particularly bad.

 "Voles can make a mess of the lawn. Similar to mice, voles are small rodents that have shorter tails and legs and a stocky body. Voles like to feast on lush grass under the snow and leave a mess of tunnels and dead grass behind. They typically chew through the grass stems."


     It is going to snow again tonight and will at least look pretty again.  Snow hides a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment