Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Monday, September 5, 2016

Even the tiniest poodle is lionhearted, ready to do anything to defend home, master, and mistress. —Louis Sabin

     I've mentioned before the adversarial relationship between my Charleigh-dog and foxes. Now I know why.  Yesterday I noticed that it isn't just random, it is personal!  That fox knows where Charleigh lives.
     Charleigh was barking her head off at the sliding glass door to the patio, and this time, would not stop or settle.  I had to finally go over and see what was disturbing her.  There was the fox, just beyond the patio, rolling in the grass.  It would pause, look over at Charleigh barking away, and roll some more. I swear it was smiling and saying, "What ya' gonna do about it!"  This went on for 15 minutes until I went out to try and snap a picture and the fox went on his way.
     I wonder how often, when I am away, that fox comes over to taunt her?




No comments:

Post a Comment