Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Saturday, September 3, 2016

Wildcat Mountain 10 mile trail run





   
     So I ran a 10 mile trail race today.  The weather was great.  The run felt perfect and I ran a great time, for me, on a trail.  A super nice trail runner named Vince, who was out for a weekend long run, ran the last mile with me.  Everyone was super supportive, as all runners are.
      I was the only woman there above the age of 40-49, so I came in 39 out of 39 women, and 106th overall (DFL!!!).  But since I was first in my age group (and technically in the 2 age groups under mine), I won a gift certificate, commemorative glass, and water bottle.  I love, love, love the wildcat finisher's medal and shirt.
      It still stings to be last, but DFL beats DNF beats DNS.... I guess that will have to become my new mantra.
     (PS, only 767 ft elevation gain, but there were rocks, roots, and 1 small stream crossing which we crossed twice)

No comments:

Post a Comment