Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Sunday, October 2, 2016

15 K Hot Chocolate run done (9.3 miles)



     It was a beautiful day, but hot for running.  Here are pictures taken with friends.  Every time I get up at 3:30 on a race day I wonder what the heck I am doing, but there are thousands of crazies just like me doing the same. Actually, I have a Facebook friend who lives on the East Coast.  She posted as she left for a race at 1:30 AM Eastern time....now that's crazy!
     My next race is in two weeks....the Denver Rock and Roll half which starts in this same park, which means getting up at 3:30 again.  I am so glad there are hundreds of us waiting for the 5:30 light rail, and then walking the 1+ miles in the darkness from the light rail stop to the park.  You gotta love using portapotties in full darkness. It is something everyone needs to experience at least once.
     Having the portapotties in the race photo background is par for the course.  They are so ubiquitous that you forget they are there until you see the photos.






No comments:

Post a Comment