Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Sunday, October 16, 2016

Rock n Roll Half


     It was a beautiful morning walking my dog at 4 AM with the full harvest moon and fairly warm temps.....until we got drenched by the sprinklers at the Elementary School!  What a way to wake up.
     By 4:45 I was on my way to the light-rail which delivered me downtown by 6.  It was a quick mile walk to the Civic Center Park with lots of other crazies.
      The race was hard but I finished.  Yay. It was 85 degrees by the end...a bit warm.

At the start with Angela and Ellen


My weekend Bling, It is all about the Bling, a 5K medal, a Half marathon medal, and the Remix medal for doing both.
My official time was 2:57:48.  Overall 5835/6661.  Division 10/26.  Gender 3456/4113.  My GPS watch said I ran 13.55 miles, though;  not the 13.1 they claim. There were so many twists and turns on the route, I obviously didn't take the shortest corners.

Ellen and Angela did the 10K and had a blast finishing 1:28.

More than 14,000 runners and wheelchair racers did the 10K and Half. I forget that there are professionals actually competing in the race. I certainly never get to see them.
 Ethiopian Gebrekidan Abadi, 32, who lives in the Denver area, won the race in 1:06:46, while Kenyan Elvin Kibet, 26, of Colorado Springs, won the women’s division in 1:15:22 by edging out her twin sister,Valentine Kibet by 3 seconds at the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment