Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Note to self.....It is impossible to outrun a bad diet.

You can't outrun your fork.

Never outsource your nutrition to an amateur.

Eat to win.

Eat to live, don't live to eat.

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”


Hippocrates


     Can you tell that I am really trying to dial in my nutrition for my marathon training?  I have finished the past couple of long runs, but am much too slow to finish in the time limit right now.  I hope the nutrition helps and all I can do is keep at it. 
     I have been watching Rich Roll podcasts lately. They are always informative. His March 11th podcast with Dr. Zach Bush was truly eye-opening.  His podcasts are long.....this one is 1 hr, 42 min....but well worth your time.  Why has there been such an explosion of disease in the USA since the 90's?  Here is an answer. I love following the science and the research. It is especially important now in an era of science-deniers and flat-earthers.  Science is real.
                                           https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWgnkgYtqnw

No comments:

Post a Comment