Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Sunday, March 25, 2018

Will your child be next?

     Regarding yesterday's nationwide "March for our Lives,"  this was such a peaceful positive event.  These child-leaders give me more hope for the future of America than I've had in two years!  They want change and are promoting it through voting, activism, and running for office.  With their leadership, this may happen. There were over 100,000 like minded children, teens, parents, and grandparents at that event who will be voting to make change happen.

     On my way back to the lightrail I did see this. I couldn't tell if they were militarized police or national guard or what.  I can only hope they were there to prevent any problems had some gun-nut counterprotesters shown up, and to protect this peaceful group.
   


     I will never forget all the little children holding signs, "am I next?"

     Or, "How many lives would have been saved had the shooter (insert name here) had to stop to reload?"

     As Tom Mauser, parent of one of the Columbine victims, said:   this is their generation's Viet Nam.

     The signs were amazing

                                                      Denver Post photo

                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9lh7lqZojc

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign
Blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind
Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign?

No comments:

Post a Comment