Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Friday, August 14, 2020

Because you're a runner and an abolitionist


     You have probably been learning about QAnon conspiracists lately just as I have. I do not support them. They are crazy scary, as all conspiracists are.  People who deny all fact and reason. 
     I have supported the Denver Justice Run for several years, however.  It raises money and awareness for human trafficking and its victims. The rash of QAnon FB posts lately reminded me of the Justice Run and its cause....there is no actual run this year but they are still fundraising and have a virtual run available, so I signed up and donated.  On their registration page I read:
Because you're a runner and an abolitionist.
     I like that. 
     I don't like that QAnon is using this cause as a front, as a lure, to further their agenda.


Ex. update, jog 1.5 mi, year to date 980.95 miles.  Dog walk in am 2.5 miles, year to date walk 398.2 miles.  It was hot again, and smoky from multiple huge wildfires burning Colorado.  I wore a mask for the dog walk for the smoke rather than Covid.  It did help.

No comments:

Post a Comment