Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Tuesday, September 13, 2011

"Doing the right thing is almost always a revolutionary act."

     Another chapter from the book "When I Grow Up I Want To Be 60" by Wendy Reid Crisp.  This chapter is titled "Subversive", and states that doing the right thing is almost always a revolutionary act. 

     "What to do?  Something, anything.  One voice, one candle, one small step.  And no one can tell me what to do.  I know what to do.  I don't always do it, but I know what to do."

     Isn't that the truth!  We all know what we should be doing, but actually doing it, consistently, is more difficult.  I'm not sure 60 year olds are subversive or revolutionary, but we have moved on into activism. 

"We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.  But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop."     Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment